SeasonPass jailbreak tool is now available for the Apple TV that allows you to perform untethered jailbreak on the Apple TV second generation. This new version features latest kernel exploit inherited from Greenpoison to jailbreak iOS 4.2.1.
Please note that current version is only available for Mac OS X operating system. Windows version is on the way. Still here? Follow these instructions:
1. First, you will need to download the main software, that is, SeasonPass (all download links are at the end of this post)
2. Run SeasonPass / Seas0npass and click “Create IPSW” to make a custom iOS 4.2.1 (jailbroken) firmware for your Apple TV 2G.
3. The app will now download all the required files that need for custom firmware creation. Be patient.
4. Now you will be asked to connect your Apple TV to the Mac via micro USB cable. Leave the power disconnected and hold down “Menu” and “Play / Pause” buttons for seven seconds. This will force Apple TV to enter DFU mode.
5. iTunes (make sure it is installed) will now open and restore process will start. iTunes will confirm when the restore process has completed.
That is it. You have successfully jailbroken your Apple TV second generation. [seasonpass link]
Using GreenPoison? Then, follow this guide - GreenPoison Apple TV iOS 4.2.1 Jailbreak Instructions
Update – Apple TV 4.3.1 Windows Jailbreak guide now availablerelated queries: seasonpass, seasonpass jailbreak, seasonpass apple tv, season pass jailbreak, yhs-mystartdefault, season pass apple tv, seasonpass x, Season Pass Jail Break, newest version of season pass, new version of season pass