Samsung is on the verge of releasing the official Jelly Bean 4.1 update for the Galaxy S3, but folks at samfirmware has already leaked out the official update. Here are the chages that we have spotted so far. Download link is given at the bottom of this post.
* Not that smooth. I was expecting jelly bean to add a lot more smoothness
* Scrolling through contacts is jittery. Same can be said about the phone apps. The update looks rushed out.
* Notification bar’s animations are also jittery (even with GPU rendering which shows Samsung didn’t implement project butter that well, I guess)
* Battery life is about the same
* Google Now is added in this update.
* Camera is the same, not Jelly Bean style where it is linked to the gallery app.
Here is how to flash it:
Make sure to have an ORIGINAL rom before attempting to flash. (could brick if not)
Unzip the file
Open Odin 1.85
Restart phone in download mode (Home+power+vol down)
Connect phone and wait until you get a yellow sign in Odin
Add CODE_I9300XXDLG4_11164_REV00_eng_mid_noship.tar.md 5 to PDA
Make sure re-partition NOT tickedStart flash, sit back an wait a few minutes.
Once the phone have booted, you’ll probably get into a boot loop.
Remove the battery and put it back again.
Boot into recovery mode (Home+power+vol up)
Choose to wipe/factory reset. (THIS WILL ERASE ALL OF YOUR DATA!)
Filed Under: Phone