With the extreme durability and manoeuvrability of powered wheelchairs, visiting your favourite places would be a lot easier. Whether you are going to the park, supermarket, shopping malls or even visit your friends and loved ones, with a portable mobility device such as the powered wheelchairs, everything becomes convenient.
For those who are unable to self-propel a manual wheelchair, it is the more suitable choice. A wide range of powered wheelchairs is specially designed to open new horizon, an independent life, access, and mobility. A variety of models that will help you live in accordance to what will help you live life conveniently, either indoor or out.
Powered wheelchairs are available in different sizes and offer a number of features, from the armrest, leg-rest to seating options. It can be controlled by a user with a joystick but for high-end models, a multitude of control options are available such as sip-n-puff, proximity switches, head arrays and more.
Guide in Buying a Powered Wheelchair
With many different types of powered wheelchair models and driving system, the choice of purchasing can be a daunting task. In this article, we have come up with a buying guide to help you get what’s suited for you.
- Consult Your Doctor
- Before purchasing a powered wheelchair, make sure to consult with your physical or occupational therapists.
- By answering these questions, it will help you assess the type of powered wheelchair that is ideal for you.
- Will you be using the powered wheelchair in indoors, outdoor or both?
- Will you be transporting the wheelchair in cars, buses, planes or cars?
- What is the range of speed that you want to reach?
- What is the weight capacity that you need?