The official website of Arnova is now letting the users download the official firmware for the Arnova 10 G2 tablets. These firmware are hands for those who have made several modifications to their tablets and thus, would like to revert them to the original factory state.
Keep in mind that installing a new firmware will delete everything that is stored on your tablet. So, make sure to make backup copy of your important before proceeding. You can download the (English) firmware from here (direct link). Here is how to install it:
1. Download the update file for your device « update.img ». You can save it to the desktop of your computer for example.
2. Connect the USB cable to your Arnova and your computer so that the ARNOVA is seen as an external hard drive (as normal).
3. Copy the « update.img » to the root of the device. Do not place it into any folder of the Arnova, just to the root level of the device.
4. Unplug your device safely as usual using the green « disconnect safely » arrow in the system tray.
5. The Arnova will find the update automatically and display a message box offering to install this new firmware. Before tapping on "Install", you need to connect the charger/adapter DC-IN to your device. The Arnova will find the update automatically and display a message box offering to install this new firmware. Before tapping on "Install", make sure you connect the charger/adapter to the DC-IN of your device.
6. Once the firmware update process is completed, your Arnova tablet will automatically restart. You must then go though the installation wizard. Not only will this process allow you to configure the basic settings of your player.
Also check out: