Asus released Jelly bean update for the TF300t tablet in US last week and Europe today. If you still have not received the OTA, you can download it from here. Of course, like most of the other Android users, the first thing to do on it is root it. Here is a step by step process on how to root tf300t with Jelly bean loaded.
1) Download these 2 files:
- Jellybean recovery with fastboot files: Fastboot files + JB recovery
- Root files: Root Files
2) Extract the recovery with fastboot files zip and open a command prompt in the same folder of the adb and fastboot files (Shift + Right mouse)
3) Reboot into the bootloader of your tablet, type: adb reboot bootloader
4) When your tablet has reached the bootloader navigate with volume down to the usb icon and press volume up to confirm.
5) To flash the recovery type:
- TWRP: fastboot -i 0x0b05 flash recovery tf300t-jb.blob
- CWM: fastboot -i 0x0b05 flash recovery CWM-Touch.blob
6) A blue bar will appear and the recovery will be installed, when the blue bar is filled press volume up + power button to reboot into the tablet.
Now we will root the tablet
7) Copy Superuser-3.2-RC3-arm-signed to the internal storage of your tablet. then reboot into the bootloader again.
8) This time you need to select the RCK icon with volume up to enter the recovery image.
9) In recovery flash Superuser-3.2-RC3-arm-signed and reboot into the system
10) Install Supersu from Google Play
11) Open up Supersu, it will ask you to update the binary, choose yes.
12) Now your tablet should be rooted.
Thanks to xda for the instructions.related queries: asus tf300t jelly bean root, rk2928 fastboot, root-signed zip tf300
Filed Under: Tablet News