The Google Nexus 7 is the first tablet to ship with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system, but for some reason, Google decided to go with the smartphone UI instead of tablet UI on the tablet. But, if you, like us, prefer the tablet UI on the big 7 inch screen, you will to do a lit bit of hacking here and there.
An Xda developer member found that if you change the LCD density in the build.prop file, you will be able to switch to the tablet UI. As expected, the notification bar will move to the bottom.
1. Get a file explorer such as root explorer or es file manager (go to settings allow mount rewritable and root access)
2.Then go to system(es file manager just go to the star button on the top left hand side and click on the phone button and you will see the system folder)
3.You will find a build.prop file make sure to make a copy of it and save it somewhere just in case for a backup.
4.Then click on the build.prop and open it with a text editor. (ES file manager has its own)
5. Now scroll down to "ro.sf.lcd_density", or something with lcd density
6. Now the original lcd density is 213 so the best result for tablet mode is going 170 and below.
7. Save the file by press the menu button.
8. Reboot your N7 and then you got Tablet UI.